Ticker

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Ticker2

Lilypie Breastfeeding tickers

Friday, May 8, 2009

Train keeps rolling...

Forward. Always forward.

I just realized that in my last post I said that my house is usually 90% ready for company; these last two weeks must have been that other 10%. Not a huge mess by any means, but clutter and stuff everywhere. In my defense, we were busy with taking the youth to a conference in Winnipeg for a weekend, so there was the planning beforehand and the sleep needed after, so that really dragged me down. But I will work at it slowly, and it will be back to neat in no time.

In baby news; at my last OB appointment they had me do the 1 hour sugar test, and that result came back high. So this last Monday I went in to do the 3 hour sugar test (oh joy...not). But I called for the results yesterday and they were normal. Huh. So no gestational diabetes for me! But because of the high result on the 1 hour test, I am still conscious of how much sugar I'm taking in throughout the day.

And for the next little bit, not a lot planned.

Two more Fridays with the youth, with a huge wind-up on the 22nd. Then youth is done.

I have another OB appointment on the 28th, and after that I think they will be bringing me in for an appointment every 2 weeks because I'll be 31 weeks.

I have another fetal assessment on June 2nd in Winnipeg, and I'm thinking that might be the last time I head in to the big city for an ultrasound. I will just continue to be monitored here at home.

So after all that, being about 32 weeks by then, I will slowly start working on getting the baby's room finished (again). I've been scared of getting it set up early this time because....well....it's just scary! But it will need to get done for sure by then, so I will suck it up and just do it.

As a side note, because I don't really feel like going deep into my feelings on the subject, let me just say that I'm not sure how to feel on Sunday (Mother's Day). It will be odd.

No comments: